Typically when we think of global development we focus on everything that is wrong because the challenges are so great. Rarely are the successes celebrated because with every move towards a goal there is still so much to do.
Today we are featuring those stories that have been more about success than failure; more about moving forward than moving backward even if the net result only makes a small dent in the overall scheme of things.
- Female Genital Mutilation Banned Under New Somalian Constitution
- Path’s Sure Start Program Ensures the Reduction of Maternal Mortality
- Living, Thriving with HIV/AIDS: A Mother’s Story
- A Return to Normalcy: Mogadishu’s Lido Beach Lively Again
- Somalia’s Concerted Move Toward Gender Equality
- Men March Against Child Marriage in Liberia
- A Promising Trend for Data,Transparency
- New Fishing, Agricultural Development Project in Haiti
- Quick Impact Project Provides Education for Darfur Children
- Powering the Country With Wind Energy
What global development stories are you thankful for?
Photo: Jennifer James, Kenya