Through the end of the month products with a purpose will be highlighted that give back to the environment from the oceans to the forests to the wetlands. If you are a wine drinker, here are five wine companies whose charitable giving goes to bettering the earth and help you drink for great causes.
- Duck Pond Cellars: Duck Pond is a corporate sponsor of The Wetlands Conservancy, a non-profit organization working to conserve, protect and restore Oregon’s wetlands. Additionally, for every bottle of Duck Pond Conservation Cuvee 4, $5 will be donated to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Conservation Program.
- One Hope Wine: One Hope Wine is known for giving back to charitable organizations across a spectrum of issues. Conservation is one of them. To date, One Hope Wine has donated to Trees 4 Trees and over 100,000 trees have been planted on behalf of One Hope Wine’s customers.
- Trinity Oaks Wines: Trinity Oaks Wine and Trees for the Future are celebrating eleven years of a sustainable partnership this year. For every bottle of Trinity Oaks Wine that you buy, one tree will be planted. Over the past eleven years over 21 million trees have been planted due to the partnership. Additionally, the winery’s wines are bottled in eco-friendly packaging that includes capsules made from compostable plant-based materials, recyclable corks that generate a smaller carbon footprint, labels printed on 100 percent post-consumer waste paper, recyclable glass that’s lighter than the industry standard, and unbleached shippers made with 40 percent post-consumer waste materials.
- Proud Pour: Proud Pour offers wines for great causes: bees and the oceans as well as a Kickstarter to save sea turtles. For every bottle of Mendocino County (California) Sauvignon Blanc your purchase, 100 oysters are restored back to the wild. Proud Pour works with oyster conservation organizations across thirteen states and the District of Columbia.
- The Dreaming Trees Wines: A collaboration between winemaker Sean McKenzie and Dave Matthews, The Dreaming Trees wines gives back to The Wilderness Society, Living Lands and Waters, and the International Rhino Foundation. The Dreaming Trees Wines has given over $1.5 million to these conservation organizations.