This year while we are all still mostly locked down due to Covid-19, there are ways in which we can donate to the issues we care about most. For SocialGoodMoms.com, our primary issue is mothers — always has been and always will be — and there are a vast majority of ways to help moms across the globe through donations this time of year.
Here are five organizations to donate to this Valentine’s Day to spread not only love, but maternal health and wellness.
- Midwives for Haiti: Not only have I had the opportunity to visit Midwives for Haiti and have seen their work firsthand I also believe in the amazing work they do to save the lives of mothers who live in the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere. They are currently seeking donations for supplies to make childbirth safer in Haiti.
- Black Mamas Matter Alliance: As the leading organization advocating for black maternal health, BMMA is seeking donations to educate healthcare providers, conduct and contribute to research, update their maternal health toolkit, and present at national health conferences among other initiatives. Donate today to Black Mamas Matter Alliance.
- Mothers 2 Mothers: Mothers 2 Mothers is currently working to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic. While the wealthy world is getting vaccines and administering shots in arms every day, Africa will be one of the last continents to receive the vaccine en masse according to the BBC.
Mothers 2 Mothers has launched a mentor program to encourage mothers to get tested for Covid and also has a program to get essential PPE to frontline health care workers. Donate here to help mothers in Africa.
- Every Mother Counts: Every Mother Counts has worked tirelessly for mothers in low-and-middle income countries like Tanzania and Bangladesh, but also has taken up the helm with other organizations in the United States to mitigate the rate of maternal deaths domestically. There are two primary ways to give to EMC including donating funds and purchasing EMC collection gifts that help fund grants and awareness.
- Maternity Worldwide: Maternity Worldwide works in low-income countries to save lives at birth. They are currently raising funds to provide PPE, soap and sanitary products for villages in Uganda and Malawi to fight against Covid-19. Donate here.
These organizations stand for the maternal health and wellness of women. Support them this Valentine’s Day and throughout the year.