As I have mentioned before one of the cornerstones of Mom Bloggers for Social Good is making global connections both online and offline, at home and abroad. While in Delhi with Nicole Melancon we met with Vandana Mahajan Khemka of Mumsphere. It was wonderful meeting a fellow mom blogger while in India showing that connections that are made online are easily translated into real world meetings.
Vandana, also a crafter, came bearing gifts of traditional Indian paperwork and then we all went to visit the wonderful Protsahan school in Uttam Nagar and ended the evening with a traditional Indian dinner.
The global community of mom bloggers who are doing good is endless. I personally cannot wait to meet more mom bloggers here in the States and those who hail from abroad who are a part of this community.
In an effort to learn more about charitably minded online moms who donate to good causes we asked 1000 Social Good Moms members about their giving habits, influence of social media and blogging on their giving, and the issues that matter most to them. The survey was sent out in January 2013 with 250 respondents.
We published some of the key discoveries on our “Moms and 2012 Charitable Giving” infographic. Keep reading below for additional survey data. If you would like to share our infographic you can grab it at this link.
How likely are you to donate online?
- 41.77% – very likely
- 30.38% – likely
- 26.58% – somewhat likely
- 1.27% – not likely
How many times did you donate to a charity or nonprofit in 2012?
- 55.13% – 5+times
- 15.38% – 2 times
- 14.1% – 3 times
- 12.82% – 4 times
- 2.56% – 1 times
What was your average donation amount?
- 43.04% – $25 – $50
- 31.65% – less than $25
- 17.72% – $50 – $100
- 7.59% – $100+
What prompts you to donate to a nonprofit or charity? Choose all that apply.
- 86.08% – You are familiar with the charity already.
- 75.95% – There was a natural disaster or national tragedy and you gave.
- 65.82% – A charity launched a compelling campaign with a great cause.
- 60.76% – You were encouraged to give by friends, either online or offline.
- 48.10% – You read about the charity on a blog.
- 41.77% – You heard about it via social media.
- 13.92% – You noticed an online or print advertisement for the charity.
- 3.80% – There is a celebrity advocating for a charity.
Did your family’s charitable donations increase, decrease or stay the same in 2012?
- 44.84% – stayed the same
- 43.59 % – increased
- 11.54% – decreased
Are you more likely to donate to a cause if you hear or read about it on…. (choose one)
- 44.87% – blogs
- 38.46% – social media
- 10.26% – TV
- 6.41% – advertisement
What issues matter most to you? Choose all that apply?
- 93.67% – Issues Affecting Women and Girls
- 93.67% – Child Health
- 93.67%- Hunger (in US and abroad)
- 81.01% – Education
- 73.42% – Maternal Health
- 62.03% – Clean Water and Sanitation
- 43.04% – Climate/ Global Warming
- 43.04% – Vaccines in Developing Countries
If you would like to share our infographic you can grab it at this link.
Moms around the world are making a difference and you can, too. Watch and spread the word!