Over the course of the next month or so we will be working with major NGOs to spread the word about new reports and critical days commemorating important causes and issues. Mark your calendars for these causes.
Tuesday, February 25
- We will be working with Save the Children to spread the word about its brand-new newborn health report during a 24-hour carnival.
- #TeacherTuesday launches with UNESCO on this day. We are joining nine other global voices to share inspirational teachers around the world for ten weeks. Read more.
- #TeacherTuesday Twitter chat with the first featured teacher will take place at 12 PM GMT. Join with the #TeacherTuesday hashtag.
Thursday, February 27 from 12:00 – 1:30 PM EST
- Investing in Women and Girls: Finding solutions in water, sanitation and hygiene, featuring H&M Conscious Foundation and Procter & Gamble. WaterAid will be standing by, too, to answer any questions that people might have about the work that we are gearing up to do together. RSVP by February 25 at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/487286806
Friday, February 28
- This day marks the last day to comment on the Every Newborn Action Plan. Add your comments by this Friday.
Friday, March 7 from 2 – 3 PM EST
Saturday, March 22
- We will be partnering with WaterAid America on a big day of World Water Day online discussions. Stay tuned for more as the day approaches.
Today on World Water Day, together with our partner WaterAidAmerica, we are working with our dedicated community of moms to share through posts how important water is to the livelihood of people worldwide.
You can follow along with us today on our new microsite for World Water Day, worldwater13.tumblr.com, to see all of the posts and videos from Social Good Moms and Global Team of 200 members.
Watch WaterAid’s World Water Day video below and follow the conversation at #worldwaterday. You can also tune into a collaborative Google+ hangout at 1:30 PM EST with WaterAid America Head of Policy and Advocacy, Lisa Schechtman (@LSchecht), People Water co-founder Cody Barker; Water.org International Program Manager, April Davies; charity: water East Africa Water Program Officer Wanja Laiboni; and representatives from Water for People and Whole World.
Photo: Mom Bloggers for Social Good / Jennifer James
Lacking safe drinking water is a blight many of us will never live with, let alone ever fully understand. Living in a privileged society where safe drinking water streams right out the tap and a plethora of product choices are available in our grocery store’s water aisle, most of us simply do not know what it’s like to not have clean, safe water to drink.
This Friday, as you may know, is World Water Day. On that day, leading water NGOs will come together in the fight against water poverty for a Google+ hangout. Who will be there?
Two of our official partners, WaterAid America and Water.org, will be a part of the conversation.
WaterAid America Head of Policy and Advocacy, Lisa Schechtman (@LSchecht), will join People Water co-founder Cody Barker; Water.org International Program Manager, April Davies; charity: water East Africa Water Program Officer Wanja Laiboni; and representatives from Water for People and Whole World. Hosting the hangout will be viral video comedian, Justine Ezarik (aka iJustine).
The Google+ hangout will be broadcast live by the Google for Nonprofits Google+ account at ow.ly/iZCdj, and viewers are encouraged to weigh in on the conversation on Twitter using hashtag #WorldWaterDay2013.
We’ll see you there!
Photo: Children in Ethiopia | Mom Bloggers for Social Good/ Jennifer James